WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a tiny file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are many different types of cookies:
- First Party Cookies: These are cookies that are collected by a website and are only used by the website when you visit.
- Third-Party Cookies: These cookies are used to share information with third parties such as advertisers or social media platforms.
- Session Cookies: These cookies remain active on your browser until it is closed.
- Persistent Cookies: Your browser stores these cookies for a specific amount of time before the cookies expire. These are used to perform functions such as keeping you logged in or for web analytics purposes.
- Secure or HTTP-only Cookies: These cookies help prevent malicious cross-site attacks.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For more information, see the Disabling Cookies section of this Notice.
- Analysis – cookies to help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and services. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes;
- Security – cookies help impose security measures on our website. They also help detect unusual and suspicious activities;
- Performance – cookies help our website learn how services work for different people and how to route traffic efficiently between servers; and
- Advertising – cookies help connect advertisers to users who are most interested in their products based on the user’s browsing history.
Overall, at JIBE Wellness we believe cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers
To opt-out of third-party cookies, please utilize the appropriate option(s) below:
- To opt-out of ad targeting cookies set by Google on our website, click here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads?hl=en.
- To generally (i.e., not just for this website) opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising visit the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here. If you are located in the European Union, please click here to opt out.
- In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by searching for and deleting files with “cookie” in it.
Please keep in mind that without cookies you may not have access to certain features on the site, including access to your profile or account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web sites, including this site, by requiring that, for example, you enter your login name when you return to that website.